2020 KT Trim Down CHALLENGE
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
2. PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF RULES AND DECISIONS, CONSENT TO USE AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS. By entering this contest, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by all contest rules ("Official Rules") and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the contest. Participation in this contest constitutes participant's full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc., Kokomo Tribune, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents (collectively "CNHI"), which are final, binding and non-negotiable in all respects. Each participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless CNHI and its subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, attorneys, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers from any liability arising from or related to the contest and/or the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in connection with the contest, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Further, participant fully and unconditionally releases all claims for consideration, copyright infringement and all other claims of any nature relating to the use of participant's entry, name or likeness.
3. ALL PARTICIPANTS SHOULD CONSULT WITH A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE ENGAGING IN THIS CONTEST AND DURING THIS CONTEST. LOSING WEIGHT CAN BE RISKY IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES AND CNHI WANTS TO AVOID ANY POTENTIAL INJURIES. PARTICIPANTS ASSUME ALL RISKS OF THEIR PARTICIPATION. Please note that weight loss should be the result of healthier eating and exercise habits and participants should participant in a fair and healthy manner. Participants are not allowed to:
4. ELIGIBILITY. This contest is open to legal permanent residents of the U.S. and District of Columbia 18 years of age and older, excluding residents of Rhode Island, New York and Florida. Each participant must be a member of a team of two (2) people. Each participant may only be a member of one (1) team. Proof of age and identity must be furnished upon request. Employees, agents, independent contractors and affiliates of CNHI and immediate family members of all such persons, are not eligible to participate in this contest. CNHI reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, suspend or amend this contest at any time for any reason without prior notice. CNHI further reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time without prior notice, at its sole discretion. CNHI reserves the right to disqualify any participant for any reason, including, but not limited to, violation of these Official Rules or infringement of the rights of a third-party. This promotion is void where prohibited by law. CNHI is not responsible for any printing or typographical errors in any material associated with the contest.
5. TO ENTER. This contest will run between 9am on January 13, 2020 (the Start Date) until 5:00pm on April 17, 2020 (the Completion Date). The contest will include: an initial weigh in at the Weigh In Center (defined below); 12 weekly weigh ins; and one (1) final weigh out at the Weigh In Center upon conclusion of the 13-week period.
To enter, each participant of a team must appear in person on the Start Date between the hours of 9:00a.m. and 4:00p.m. Wednesday-Friday January 15-17, 2020 and provide a completed entry form for the team, as well as a participant waiver for each individual participant, at Kokomo YMCA, Community Howard, or Kokomo Tribune (the Weigh In Center). At the Weigh In Center, each participant will be weighed and his/her weight will be recorded by CNHI. In addition, a team photograph will be taken at the Weigh In Center. The clothing at the weigh in should be appropriate athletic attire, as determined in CNHI's sole discretion, and participants will be asked to remove shoes, overcoats, jackets and contents from pockets for the actual weigh in. Participants should not layer clothing or do anything that will increase or distort their individual weight for the initial weigh in.
The entry form and participant waiver can be found online at www.kokomotribune.com/trimdown or may be picked up at the Weigh In Center on the Start Date. In connection with the entry, participants will be required to provide their name, postal address, gender, birth date, e-mail address, team name and a team photograph.
All completed entries and participant waivers must be received no later than 5:00p.m. on the last weigh in day (Friday, January 17, 2020) ("Eligible Entries"). Submissions received after this date and time will not be valid. Each team will be provided with a team webpage, that the team members may access throughout the contest.
Each Friday during the contest period, each team member must do an individual weigh in, such weigh in may be completed at any location of the participant's choosing. The clothing at the weekly weigh in should be substantially equivalent clothing as they wore for the weigh in on the Start Date. After all members of the team have done their individual weigh ins, on or before Friday at 5:00p.m. of each week (Weekly Weigh In Time), a member of each team must log onto www.kokomotribune.com/trimdown and access his/her team webpage in order to enter the weekly weight of all team members. If a team fails to provide its weekly weigh in amounts by the Weekly Weigh In Time for two consecutive weeks, for any reason, the team will be disqualified from the contest. The team must submit 2 consecutive weeks weigh in to be eligible for the weekly or grand prize.
On the Completion Date, all participants must appear in person at the Weigh In Center for the final weigh in of the contest (or weigh out). Final weigh in will occur between 9:00a.m. until 5:00p.m Wednesday-Friday April 15-17, 2020. At the Weigh In Center, each participant will be weighed and his/her weight will be recorded by CNHI. In addition, a final team photograph will be taken at the Weigh In Center. Participants must wear substantially equivalent clothing for their official weigh out as they wore for the weigh in.
The calculation for all prizes shall be determined by taking the teams beginning weight minus the ending weight from specified dates (as set forth below in more detail), which provides the total number of pounds lost in a given period of time. The total number of pounds lost will be divided by the beginning weight, which sum will be multiplied by 100 which equals the percentage of weight loss for such period of time.
a. Weekly Prizes: The team that has lost the largest percentage of total weight loss for a particular week will be named the weekly winner for such week. The same team can be named the winner in multiple weeks. CNHI may require a winning team to weigh in at any time prior to receiving the weekly prize. Weekly winners will be determined based solely upon the weight loss in the proceeding seven (7) day period. On or before 5:00pm on Monday following the Weekly Weigh In Time, CNHI will announce the winning team.
b. Grand Prize: The co-ed team that has lost the largest percentage of total weight loss from the Start Date to the Completion Date will be named the Grand Prize winner. While the Grand Prize winner doesn't have to have won any weekly prizes throughout the contest period to be eligible for the Grand Prize, winning a weekly prize or prizes will not disqualify a team from winning the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize is: $750 ($375 payable to each team member). The total approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $750. Expenses not stated are solely the responsibility of the winner. There will also be one overall Female Team Grand Prize winner. The female team that has lost the largest percentage of total weight from the Start Date to the Completion Date will be named the Female Team Grand Prize winner. The Female Team Grand Prize winner will receive a prize package ($750 value) to be split among the team members. The male team that has lost the largest percentage of total weight from the Start Date to the Completion Date will be named the Male Team Grand Prize winner. The Male Team Grand Prize winner will receive a prize package ($750 value) to be split among the team members.
c. The total approximate retail value of all prizes in the contest is $3,000.
CNHI reserves the right to change any actual prize at any time during the contest. In this event, every effort will be made to provide a prize of like estimated value. CNHI does not warrant or make any representations in connection with the prizes, express or implied. Any gift cards awarded as prizes are not redeemable for cash except where required by law. Lost or stolen gift cards cannot be replaced. There are no service fees or expiration dates connected with the use of the gift cards. To check a card balance, follow the instructions on the gift card. All costs and expenses not specified in the above prize descriptions, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. The provided approximate retail value of each of the prizes is an approximation. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual cost of any prize will not be awarded. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
7. IDENTIFICATION OF WINNERS. CNHI will announce the weekly winning teams by 5:00 pm EST on the Monday following the Weekly Weigh In Time as set forth above by posting the team name at www.kokomotribune.com/trimdown and shall contact the winning weekly teams by e-mail from the information provide on the Eligible Entry. CNHI will announce the Grand Prize team by 5:00 p.m. EST before the tenth business day following the Completion Date. CNHI will contact the winning teams of the Grand Prize by mail or e-mail from the information provided on the Eligible Entry within one week from the date of the Completion Date. Each individual participant of the winning team must accept the prize by signing and returning the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and a copy of these Official Rules no later than ten (10) days after receipt. No Prize will be awarded until such documentation is received by CNHI for all team members. If a team member of the winning team refuses to execute the Affidavit/Release, then the entire team will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to the next applicable team. A list of all winning teams will posted online at www.kokomotribune.com/trimdown and a list of all winning teams may be requested by printing your name, address, phone number, contest name and the words "Request for winners' names Kokomo Tribune Trim Down CHALLENGE” on a 3" x 5" card, inserting the card into an envelope and mailing it to: 300 N. Union, Kokomo, IN 46901 attention: Kokomo Tribune Trim Down Challenge. The winning participants are responsible for any taxes associated with the award of a prize. Please note that CNHI will only provide the name of the team and total weight loss percentage to the general public. CNHI will not provide individual names or individual weight loss information publicly.
8. SPONSOR: This contest is sponsored and promoted by Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc., 201 Monroe St., Suite 450, Montgomery, AL 36104 and Kokomo Tribune located at 300 N. Union, Kokomo, IN 46901.
9. MISCELLANEOUS. Everything for this contest is provided as is, without warranty of any kind, express or implied. By entering, participants consent to the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Kokomo, IN in all disputes arising out of or related to these rules or this contest. This contest is governed and construed under the laws of the State of Indiana excluding its conflict of laws principles.